CROSSWAY CHURCH STAFF
Inquiring minds wanted to know a little bit more about the staff at CrossWay Church, so we asked.
- What is your role at CrossWay?
- What song do you love or have on repeat right now?
- What is on your list of your favorite things to do for fun?
Dave Berghuis Associate Pastor, World Ministry & Care Ministry firstname.lastname@example.org
- My job is to make sure that people understand that Live Ministries is about serving. The focus is to Love God, Love Others and Go and Do, as referenced in Luke 10:27-37.
- Jack Johnson’s “Upside Down” from the Curious George Soundtrack.
- I like to watch an old black and white mystery movie like Sherlock Holmes or Charlie Chan on a cloudy day, with the widows open, and a cool breeze coming through.
Laurel Breit Administrative Assistant email@example.com
- 1. My major responsibilities involve supporting the front office, doing a variety of things to keep it organized, compiling the Praise and Prayer list each week, and facilitating the Connect card requests. On Mondays and Tuesdays if you call the church, I will be the one who answers and will be glad to help you.
- Amazing Grace – it reminds me of my Mom
- I like movies, reading, being with my family, and walking my energetic dogs.
Carla Corbin Children’s Ministry Associate Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- I’m here to love God, and love and lead the kids and volunteers
- Two songs I really like are “Shut Up and Dance” by Walk the Moon and “Forever Reign”
- I like to binge watch Netflix and hang out with friends and family.
Sue Edington Children’s Ministry Director email@example.com
- At CrossWay, I partner with parents to reach ‘em, grow ‘em, send ‘em!
- I really like “Tell the World” by Lecrae
- I enjoy reading and walking, but not usually together!
Courtney Englund Children’s Ministry Elementary Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
- I work together with the Kid’s Ministry team to show God’s love to kids, disciple volunteers, and partner with parents. All to grow God’s Kingdom and have a blast doing it.
- My favorite song by a mile is Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen and I know it by heart.
- I love to spend time with my nephews and niece and all my siblings. My favorite hobbies include playing basketball and volleyball, reading books, and learning new games.
Amy Esposito Administrative Assistant email@example.com
- For CrossWay, I handle administration in the operations area.
- I don’t have a specific song on repeat right now, but I love almost every style of music. Currently my favorite Pandora station is Pentatonix.
- Vacations with my family is definitely at the top of the list of my favorite things. I also love watching our boys participate in their sports and music.
Dr. Jason Esposito Lead Pastor firstname.lastname@example.org
- I handle church leadership, staff and elder leadership, vision, pastoral duties, preaching and teaching.
- I like everything 80’s; and especially Keith Green and Bethel Music.
- For me, some of my favorites are vacations with the family, watching and playing sports, movies and reading.
Mark Flynn Operations Director email@example.com
- My role is to oversee the operations, facilities, and finances at CrossWay.
- “King of My Heart” (live version) by Sarah McMillan is one of my favorites.
- Reading, walking our dog, and time with family are how I like to spend my free time.
Chad Garner Student Ministry Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- I am the Student Ministry Director at CrossWay Church.
A song that had recently been on repeat is Boy by Lee.
One of my favorite things to do is play basketball.
Jenny Hendricks Communications Director email@example.com
- 1. My role at CrossWay is to coordinate communications both inside and outside of the church.
- I LOVE music! I often have country music playing including Zac Brown Band, Florida Georgia Line, and Eric Church. I also have Hillsong, Elevation, and Bethel Worship on repeat each morning.
- Our 3 kids keep us busy. I love spending time with my family. Whatever the sports season is, you will find me cheering on my boys on the field. I also love to run or workout when I get a few moments to myself.
Jim Hovorka Pastor Emeritus firstname.lastname@example.org
- I work to unite, connect and teach the seniors at CrossWay. I also try to encourage them to become leaders.
- The first song that comes to mind is “Jesus Love Me”.
- For fun, I like spending time with my family whenever I can.
Marques Jones Associate Pastor. Community Ministry email@example.com
- My job is to lead the Community Ministries portion of LIVE.
- I like the song “Fear” by Lecrae.
- For fun, I like playing princess Monopoly with my daughters.
Travis Knapp Associate Pastor, Worship Arts firstname.lastname@example.org
- My job is to lead our congregation in worship, train and build up our worship-related teams, and help plan and hone our worship experiences at CrossWay.
- A song I really love is “God You Are My God” on the album Live at the Tracking Room by One Sonic Society.
- For fun I like taking long walks outdoors with my family, enjoying our fire pit in the backyard, snowboarding, and being amazed by good nature documentaries!
Ashley Kniesz Facility Specialist email@example.com
- My job involves cleaning the church for all the services.
- I really like the song “Chances” by Athlete.
- Spending time with my nieces and nephews is really what I enjoy doing for fun.
Erika Lenhof Administrative Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
- For CrossWay, my major responsibilities involve the front office, doing a variety of things to help keep organized.
- My favorite song often changes, but I always come back to “All Things New” by Sidewalk Prophets.
- Currently, being outside is my favorite thing.
JoAnne Miller Office Manager email@example.com
- My primary role at CrossWay is to keep on top of the scheduling & organizing details related to the business and facility side of church. I try to keep chaos at bay and prevent things from dropping through the cracks!
- I don’t do repeat or I go nuts—Google Play Music in the background (most recently mellow solo piano or classic bossa nova play lists) helps me chill.
- When I’m alone, I love to read, hike, garden—but my grandkids are my most favorite fun these days!
Karen Paschke Ministry Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
- My role is to manage Pastor Jason Esposito’s schedule and assist with planning some off-site initiatives.
My favorite song is “Who You Say I Am”by Hillsong Worship and my favorite new Christian artist is Tauren Wells and “Hills and Valleys”
I love spending time with my children, our grandson – the newest addition to our family, and taking walks with my husband.
Ethan Radtke Sussex Campus Worship Arts Coordinator email@example.com
- My job is to oversee worship at CrossWay’s Sussex campus and to lead our congregation in worship.
- An album I’ve been enjoying recently is Hop Along’s ‘Bark Your Head Off, Dog’
- I enjoy listening, writing and recording music, as well as hiking with friends.
Hope Riesterer Worship Arts Intern firstname.lastname@example.org
- I am a Worship Arts intern.
- I have been obsessed with Hillsong’s “So Will I”
- I like to read plays (especially Shakespeare) and get coffee with friends.
Jay Snow Creative Tech Director email@example.com
- I create graphics, videos, print, media and serve on the CrossWay Planning Team; as well as oversee most tech from installation, to repairs.
- Honestly, anything on my CrossWay Worship playlist is typically on repeat and changing weekly.
- In no particular order, my favorite things are: Previously undiscovered scripture gems, camping, Chipotle, writing, photography, Chipotle, guitar/drums, Chipotle and grilling out with family and friends. Sometimes I like to visit Chipotle as well.
Ken Stenfors Chaplain firstname.lastname@example.org
- My role is to visit and pray with people that are about to have surgery or are hospitalized.
- “Creed” by Third Day is a favorite of mine.
- In my spare moments, I really enjoy riding our motorcycle with my wife.
Sydney Trapp Sussex Campus Children’s Ministry Coordinator email@example.com
- I am the Sussex Campus Children’s Ministry Coordinator.
- My favorite song fluctuates heavily with my mood and activities. I’d have to say I am always up for some Eric Clapton or Yiruma.
- Baking, painting, costuming, board games, old detective novels–these are a few of the things I enjoy most; yet it is truly the company of good friends that makes an activity enjoyable to me.