Inquiring minds wanted to know a little bit more about the staff at CrossWay Church, so we asked.
- What is your role at CrossWay?
- What song do you love or have on repeat right now?
- What is on your list of your favorite things to do for fun?
Dave Berghuis Associate Pastor, Live Ministries email@example.com
- My job is to make sure that people understand that Live Ministries is about serving. The focus is to Love God, Love Others and Go and Do, as referenced in Luke 10:27-37.
- Jack Johnson’s “Upside Down” from the Curious George Soundtrack.
- I like to watch an old black and white mystery movie like Sherlock Holmes or Charlie Chan on a cloudy day, with the widows open, and a cool breeze coming through.
Laurel Breit Administrative Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1. My major responsibilities involve supporting the front office, doing a variety of things to keep it organized, compiling the Praise and Prayer list each week, and facilitating the Connect card requests. On Mondays and Tuesdays if you call the church, I will be the one who answers and will be glad to help you.
- Amazing Grace – it reminds me of my Mom
- I like movies, reading, being with my family, and walking my energetic dogs.
Carla Corbin Children’s Ministries Associate Director email@example.com
- I’m here to love God, and love and lead the kids and volunteers
- Two songs I really like are “Shut Up and Dance” by Walk the Moon and “Forever Reign”
- I like to binge watch Netflix and hang out with friends and family.
Sue Edington Children’s Ministries Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- At CrossWay, I partner with parents to reach ‘em, grow ‘em, send ‘em!
- I really like “Tell the World” by Lecrae
- I enjoy reading and walking, but not usually together!
Hannah Englund Children’s Ministries Elementary Coordinator email@example.com
- I’m part of the KidVenture team that works together, partnering with parents to show kids how to have a real relationship with God. I help plan events and then have a lot of fun participating!
- I’ve been listening to Lacey Sturm’s entire album “Life Screams” since I bought it, but I especially love her song “I’m Not Laughing”. I love her story so much that I ended up getting her book “The Reason”.
- In what little free time I can find, I love hanging out with my family and friends, reading (especially mysteries, I love Sherlock Holmes!), and I’ve even been in some plays and musicals which I had a lot of fun with.
Amy Esposito Administrative Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
- For CrossWay, I handle administration in the operations area.
- I don’t have a specific song on repeat right now, but I love almost every style of music. Currently my favorite Pandora station is Pentatonix.
- Vacations with my family is definitely at the top of the list of my favorite things. I also love watching our boys participate in their sports and music.
Dr. Jason Esposito Lead Pastor email@example.com
- 1. I handle church leadership, staff and elder leadership, vision, pastoral duties, preaching and teaching.
- I like everything 80’s; and especially Keith Green and Bethel Music.
- For me, some of my favorites are vacations with the family, watching and playing sports, movies and reading.
Mark Flynn Operations Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- My role is to oversee the operations, facilities, and finances at CrossWay.
- “King of My Heart” (live version) by Sarah McMillan is one of my favorites.
- Reading, walking our dog, and time with family are how I like to spend my free time.
Jenny Hendricks Communications Director email@example.com
- 1. My role at CrossWay is to coordinate communications both inside and outside of the church.
- I LOVE music! I often have country music playing including Zac Brown Band, Florida Georgia Line, and Eric Church. I also have Hillsong, Elevation, and Bethel Worship on repeat each morning.
- Our 3 kids keep us busy. I love spending time with my family. Whatever the sports season is, you will find me cheering on my boys on the field. I also love to run or workout when I get a few moments to myself.
Jim Hovorka Pastor Emeritus firstname.lastname@example.org
- I work to unite, connect and teach the seniors at CrossWay. I also try to encourage them to become leaders.
- The first song that comes to mind is “Jesus Love Me”.
- For fun, I like spending time with my family whenever I can.
Marques Jones Associate Pastor. Live Ministries
- My job is to lead the Community Ministries portion of LIVE.
- I like the song “Fear” by Lecrae.
- For fun, I like playing princess Monopoly with my daughters.
Travis Knapp Associate Pastor, Worship & Arts email@example.com
- My job is to lead our congregation in worship, train and build up our worship-related teams, and help plan and hone our worship experiences at CrossWay.
- A song I really love is “God You Are My God” on the album Live at the Tracking Room by One Sonic Society.
- For fun I like taking long walks outdoors with my family, enjoying our fire pit in the backyard, snowboarding, and being amazed by good nature documentaries!
Ashley Kniesz Facility Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
- My job involves cleaning the church for all the services.
- I really like the song “Chances” by Athlete.
- Spending time with my nieces and nephews is really what I enjoy doing for fun.
Erika Lenhof Administrative Assistant email@example.com
- For CrossWay, my major responsibilities involve the front office, doing a variety of things to help keep organized.
- My favorite song often changes, but I always come back to “All Things New” by Sidewalk Prophets.
- Currently, being outside is my favorite thing.
JoAnne Miller Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
- My primary role at CrossWay is to keep on top of the scheduling & organizing details related to the business and facility side of church. I try to keep chaos at bay and prevent things from dropping through the cracks!
- I don’t do repeat or I go nuts—Google Play Music in the background (most recently mellow solo piano or classic bossa nova play lists) helps me chill.
- When I’m alone, I love to read, hike, garden—but my grandkids are my most favorite fun these days!
Nicole Phelps Assistant Director of Student Ministry email@example.com
- My job is to help Ben with all things Student Ministry (AKA The Crossing). I get to be a piece of all the planning, organizing, and praying for our students to love and grow closer to the Lord.
- At this moment my two top songs are probably “Tremble” by Mosaic MSC and “Dancing’s not a Crime” by Panic! At the Disco.
- I am definitely a weird combination of a person. I love to knit (like an old lady sitting by the fire), hike (like a crazy millennial), and drink coffee with friends (like the hipster I am not).
Ethan Radtke Sussex Campus Worship Arts Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
- My job is to oversee worship at CrossWay’s Sussex campus and to lead our congregation in worship.
- An album I’ve been enjoying recently is Hop Along’s ‘Bark Your Head Off, Dog’
- I enjoy listening, writing and recording music, as well as hiking with friends.
Sherry Riesterer Ministry Assistant email@example.com
- My role is to manage Pastor Jason Esposito’s schedule and assist with planning some off-site initiatives.
- That’s a difficult question since I enjoy so many different types of music. My favorite Pandora station right now is Michael Buble.
- I love water sports, travel and a good movie. Most of all, I enjoy spending time with my family.
Jeff Smith Associate Pastor, Grow Discipleship
- I lead and disciple others through the Grow and Starting Point Ministry.
- Right now I have my Mumford and Son’s channel playing on Pandora all the time!
- My favorite thing to do is be outside in Wisconsin summers with my family.
Jay Snow Creative Tech Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- I create graphics, videos, print, media and serve on the CrossWay Planning Team; as well as oversee most tech from installation, to repairs.
- Honestly, anything on my CrossWay Worship playlist is typically on repeat and changing weekly.
- In no particle order, my favorite things are: Previously undiscovered scripture gems, camping, Chipotle, writing, photography, Chipotle, guitar/drums, Chipotle and grilling out with family and friends. Sometimes I like to visit Chipotle as well.
Ken Stenfors Chaplain email@example.com
- My role is to visit and pray with people that are about to have surgery or are hospitalized.
- “Creed” by Third Day is a favorite of mine.
- In my spare moments, I really enjoy riding our motorcycle with my wife.
Sydney Trapp Sussex Campus Children’s Ministry Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
- I am the Sussex Campus Children’s Ministry Coordinator.
- My favorite song fluctuates heavily with my mood and activities. I’d have to say I am always up for some Eric Clapton or Yiruma.
- Baking, painting, costuming, board games, old detective novels–these are a few of the things I enjoy most; yet it is truly the company of good friends that makes an activity enjoyable to me.
Ben Waldron Sussex Campus Pastor & Student Ministries Pastor email@example.com
- I strive to create environments and opportunities for 6-12th grade students where the life-changing message of Jesus Christ can come alive.
- I love listening to “Can’t Get Away From A Good Time” by Logan Mize
- Top three favorite things I love to do are fish, hunt, and golf!